Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I need input from XLS with Nav owners with winter tires. I have a 2008 that I bought on Monday. I need to put winter tires on but the dilemma is the TPMS (Tire pressure monitor sensors).

The plan was to put 16" alloys that I already had with Snow and Ice tires. Without the TPMS sensors in place, I know there will be warnings at each startup and a light that remains on in the dash at all times.

According to one dealership, NAV owners have an additional problem with a message that will show up on that screen preventing use of the NAV/Audio/Other functions through the MMMC. This sounds wrong to me, but perhaps it is true.

According to Mitsubishi Canada, there are no issues with the NAV but the warning in the info centre of the guage cluster can be cleared after startup. However, they said that access to the cycle-through menus such as fuel consumption, trip A, trip B, Engine temp, etc are no longer cyclable. This also sounds wrong.

I need to know the what really happens.

What are your experiences with the messages?
Did anyone opt to buy the sensors for their winter set?
Did anyone opt for 18" winters on the stock rims? (thus keeping sensors)

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Dan

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have winter tires on my 07 XLS. Had alot of problems at first, i ended up going my my local mits dealer instead of local tire places near me. Although it was a 2 hour drive to the local mits dealer the tires ended up being almost 200USD cheaper in total.

I have the sensor in mine, the messages you speak of are very real and a complete pain in the butt. My friend has an 07 as well and he didnt go to the dealer. Did it himself and now has messages all the time.

I have the 18" and everything works fine. My suggestion bring it to a dealer they will make sure everything works as it should.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts