Mitsubishi Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2021 Outlander InStyle. It came installed with an Android stereo system (don’t know more details then that...if someone can tell me how to find out, I can give more details on it). I want to be able to install apps on it, like Google Maps or or Spotify. I don’t see the Play store on the device. How can I install apps on the unit? Thank you!

·
Super Moderator
2018 MQ Triton
452 Posts
Does it look like an ipad on its side? I suspect it is an SDA (smartphone display Audio), which has android auto and apple carplay on it. The apps on your android or iphone will be duplicated on the SDA when connected by cable

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, a tablet on its side (that’s a great description) with volume, home, back and navigation buttons.
I’ve tried plugging my iPhone in to the USB Jack with an original Apple cable, but the only thing I see on the screen is what music is playing (just in the default car music player).
-
Is it possible that the stereos are setup different in different countries? I am in Israel. I was wondering if maybe Israel doesn’t allow the iPhone or Android connections like car play.

·
Super Moderator
2018 MQ Triton
452 Posts
Not all Android phones are fully compatible with Android Auto.

Here in Australia out Importer MMAL has a compatability checker on their website. Maybe the importer in Israel has a similr thing.

If not here is a link to the Australian checker

For your info, from your description your radio unit is called a Smartphne Display Audio 2.

Although it is not listed on the checker, if you use Smartphone Display audio, you will get the same results

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

this is my unit and some of the information (can share more if needed).
I’m trying to connect an iPhone 11 Pro to the SDA (and thank you fir letting me know what the unit is called).
13FAE9D9-D60E-4A25-B4FD-93BDAAD0F650.jpeg

·
Super Moderator
2018 MQ Triton
452 Posts
That might not be the same as an SDA2. The touch buttons are normally along the bottom.

·
Super Moderator
2018 MQ Triton
452 Posts
Contact your dealer

1 - 8 of 8 Posts