Mitsubishi Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi People , I want to install a K&N Typhoon 69 Series Intake system but I have a Mitsubishi Cedia (2000) 1500cc GDI engine with CVT transmission. I want to know if there will be a problem if I install this air intake http://www.autoanything.com/air-intakes/61...A0A2612865.aspx.
It's for the Lancer 2002 but the construction of the Lancer 2002 looks the same as the one on my Cedia(Lancer). The difference is that my engine is a 1500cc and the Lancer 2002 have a 2000cc engine. Will there be a problem if I install the intake? Oh.. And about how much HP gain will I get from this air intake system? How much horsepower gain is needed in order to feel it? Any help would be appreciated :)

·
Registered
257 Posts
Originally posted by Pico@Dec 29 2007, 07:49 PM
Hi People , I want to install a K&N Typhoon 69 Series Intake system but I have a Mitsubishi Cedia (2000) 1500cc GDI engine with CVT transmission. I want to know if there will be a problem if I install this air intake http://www.autoanything.com/air-intakes/61...A0A2612865.aspx.
It's for the Lancer 2002 but the construction of the Lancer 2002 looks the same as the one on my Cedia(Lancer). The difference is that my engine is a 1500cc and the Lancer 2002 have a 2000cc engine. Will there be a problem if I install the intake? Oh.. And about how much HP gain will I get from this air intake system? How much horsepower gain is needed in order to feel it? Any help would be appreciatedÂ* :)
[snapback]131316[/snapback]​
Just go with an open element filter. That is all you need untill you start pushing some serious numbers.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You mean those drop-in air filters? :p But I want to try to get as much power out of the car as possible with the less cost. Will this air intake damage the car? Those drop-in OEM replacement air filters' price are very close to these intake systems but I heard and saw on the internet that air intake gives the car much more power than a drop-in. I don't really like the CVT cause it feels so slow accelerating. Will an air intake help the problem a little bit? :p Thanks for the response :)

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Originally posted by Pico@Dec 30 2007, 08:57 PM
You mean those drop-in air filters?  :p  But I want to try to get as much power out of the car as possible with the less cost. Will this air intake damage the car? Those drop-in OEM replacement air filters' price are very close to these intake systems but I heard and saw on the internet that air intake gives the car much more power than a drop-in. I don't really like the CVT cause it feels so slow accelerating. Will an air intake help the problem a little bit? :p Thanks for the response :)
[snapback]131482[/snapback]​
I'm talking about taking the intake box out and using like a k&n filter. The stock pipe isn't restrictive enough to make the cost of a shiney painted pipe worth it. Do what you want though. I spent $210.00 on my first intake, and then found out that i could have got a pipe for $10 on e-bay, and a good filter for $20 and it would have yielded the same exact gains. I lose. I'm just saying that a big expensive name brand intake isn't worth 2-3 hp for me.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:grin: Thanks man.. That sounds like a great idea.. I think the only "restrictive" part of the stock intake is the front flat part where it draws air in. I will see what size open element filter will fit on the hose after removing the airbox. Should I extend the hose a little after removing the box or should I just add the filter on it? :liebe011:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Buddy.. I found a problem when I checked the stock intake today :) . But I also found the solution for it also :57: . I found this MAF adapter on eBay and so i can buy a 3" AEM Dry Flow Filter for it :) . Thanks for the great advice! Saved me a lot of $$$. Keep up the good work. MAF Adapter + Coupler + Air Filter

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Originally posted by Pico@Dec 31 2007, 10:05 AM
Hey Buddy.. I found a problem when I checked the stock intake todayÂ* :)Â* . But I also found the solution for it alsoÂ* :57:Â* . I found this MAF adapter on eBay and so i can buy a 3" AEM Dry Flow Filter for itÂ* :)Â* . Thanks for the great advice! Saved me a lot of $$$. Keep up the good work. MAF Adapter + Coupler
[snapback]131525[/snapback]​
I'm glad you did the research first. It saves money, and you win. :thumbsup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts