Mitsubishi Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone installed OEM fog lights? I'm thinking about purchasing a set (instructions are included), but I'm not sure how difficult they would be to install. I don't know much about cars!

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
ive never done oem personally but i dont think it would be to hard. I am going to assume your car doesnt have them from the factory. most cars anymore come with all the wiring for the accessories that are available factory. you will probably have to add a fuse to the fuse box, add the activation button, take out the hole covers possibly mount brackets in the holes mount the lights the button and hook it all up. that biggest problem with the 4g cars is that they appear to not be like the 2g (I havent had much experience with the 3gs to know how they are or not) where all the not used accessories just have a cover over the hole where the the button would normally be located. i dont know off hand if you would have to drill a hole in your dash or not.

the problem with your question is if you dont know much about cars or working on cars your idea of hard and my idea of hard are probably two very different things. i dont think changing a clutch is very hard. time consuming and sometimes a pain yes but hard nah not really. there are a lot of people who wouldnt even bother because they think that it is hard but ive done it enough times that it isnt to me.

·
Registered
322 Posts
shouldnt have to drill out the hole it should pop off if you can get behind it. i know on the gs vs the gt, the gt uses both switches for fogs and something else but on the gs (unless you get the se one) you only have the fog and there is another one like you have now that i have popped out and messed with. if you dont want to and can find a friend that knows a little more you can run the fog lights so they turn on when your parking lights go on. that shouldnt be to hard.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
traction control. i was basing my theory based on the concept that i dont have a cover for where the switch goes if you have heated mirrors. if i would want to put them on my car i would either have to get another console or drill out a hole.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've already located the button on the dash ... it's just a cover that's removed. Do you know if you have to feed wiring through the car to the exterior where the lights are? Or is the wiring already there and you're just installing the actual lights and button on the dash?

Thanks!

·
Registered
12 Posts
The wiring and plugins for the fog lights are already installed from the factory. You'll need to take the plastic splash guards off under the the front airdam then 4 screws from the black covers and remove. Install fog lamps plug in the wiring right into the lamps. Then remove the plastic cover in the left side of the lower dash. Remove blank,install button and plug in the wire whip. (Everything just snaps into place) It's pretty easy I've done it myself to my GS. Need more info email me.
C.J

·
Registered
11 Posts
for me, hard would be running all new wiring and circuit board attachments.....I have been out of the look for a couple weeks, but found out about the switch cover on the dash and that everything is pre-wired. I get back home in a week and will install as it seems like plug-n-play.

For anyone wanting foglights for GS eclipses, they sell them on ebay for anywhere from $130 to $150. All you have to go is go to "ebay motors" and type in 07 eclipse gs and search under parts and accessories. That is the cheapest place to find them as everyone else wants $180 or more.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts