Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I wanted to get some new headlights in my '09 Spyder GT because the old ones are no good (one is worse than the other). The only ones I can find for sale are the Halogen ones. My car came with the HID Xenon headlights installed. At this point I already have the Halogen lights but the connection is different. I believe I should be able to rewire this to power the halogens? Just not sure which cable is what on stock. On the halogens there is a blue (ground?), black (negative?) and Black with red stripe (positive?). The connector I bought because it adapts to the halogen headlights and just needs rewiring. I have the splice connectors and tools to do this, I just don't know which wire is what on the stock. Anyone tried this before or have advice?

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
So I wanted to get some new headlights in my '09 Spyder GT because the old ones are no good (one is worse than the other). The only ones I can find for sale are the Halogen ones. My car came with the HID Xenon headlights installed. At this point I already have the Halogen lights but the connection is different. I believe I should be able to rewire this to power the halogens? Just not sure which cable is what on stock. On the halogens there is a blue (ground?), black (negative?) and Black with red stripe (positive?). The connector I bought because it adapts to the halogen headlights and just needs rewiring. I have the splice connectors and tools to do this, I just don't know which wire is what on the stock. Anyone tried this before or have advice? View attachment 17933
Its not going to work that way. The HID lights have a control unit that boosts the voltage going to the bulb. You are goung to blow out the bulb if you adapt it directly. You will have to wire around the control unit if that is even possible,

1 - 3 of 3 Posts