Mitsubishi Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a cat-back which eliminated the resonator off ebay (yeah I know ebay has bad parts, but hey, I didn't want to spend 400 bucks on a catback). As a result it sounds pretty nice on the outside, but there's a lot of noise and vibration on the inside around 3500 rpm when the tranmission is in gear which rattles all the plastic panels and makes me feel like my ears are under water after 15 minutes of driving. Sorry to waste space on the board for such a stupid question, but any comments or suggestions would be nice. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Originally posted by Jnymack123@Feb 15 2008, 12:19 AM
I got a cat-back which eliminated the resonator off ebay (yeah I know ebay has bad parts, but hey, I didn't want to spend 400 bucks on a catback). As a result it sounds pretty nice on the outside, but there's a lot of noise and vibration on the inside around 3500 rpm when the tranmission is in gear which rattles all the plastic panels and makes me feel like my ears are under water after 15 minutes of driving. Sorry to waste space on the board for such a stupid question, but any comments or suggestions would be nice. Thanks.
[snapback]142432[/snapback]​
There are no dumb questions. Dumb questions are ones that have been asked many times.

As far as your vibration/noise is concerned, I would recheck all the exhaust mounts to make sure there is not metal-on-metal contact. When you installed the exhaust, did you use rubber mounts?

Sorry, it's hard to diagnose noise/vibration problems on a forum.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts