Mitsubishi Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ordered this or have it? Is there anything else out there to use besides this from the factory. I have the Ipod Shuffle so its the cheap ipod and the adapter
from my dealer is $209.95 and from the mitsu disc parts is $150 I just can not see paying more for the cable than the ipod itself that is ridiculous. Any suggestions would be great..... :liebe011:

·
Registered
198 Posts
Originally posted by Metal-Lancer08@Feb 28 2008, 07:03 AM
Has anyone ordered this or have it? Is there anything else out there to use besides this from the factory. I have the Ipod Shuffle so its the cheap ipod and the adapter
from my dealer is $209.95 and from the mitsu disc parts is $150 I just can not see paying more for the cable than the ipod itself that is ridiculous. Any suggestions would be great.....    :liebe011:
[snapback]145729[/snapback]​
200 bucks?????? That's retarded my friend.
I have the iPod cable from Mitsu, and it cost me 60 bucks.
I got the cable from Aspen Mitsubishi in Duarte, CA.
And there is only one cable available from Mitsu.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks yea I called them $65 for it... that is crazy they are charging people $200+ here for the same **** thing!!...I called mitsu customer service to see why the difference they said a dealership is indepently owned and they can charge whatever they want to....but that is ridiculous $140 difference.....well thanks again I will be ordering it later on this week.... :beer:

·
Registered
198 Posts
Originally posted by Metal-Lancer08@Mar 3 2008, 09:03 AM
Thanks yea I called them $65 for it... that is crazy they are charging people $200+ here for the same **** thing!!...I called mitsu customer service to see why the difference they said a dealership is indepently owned and they can charge whatever they want to....but that is ridiculous $140 difference.....well thanks again I will be ordering it later on this week....  :beer:
[snapback]146634[/snapback]​
NP

·
Registered
40 Posts
I really feel sorry for you guys. Don't buy the cable from mitsubishi. Wanna know how much i paid for my radioshack one? $5!! FIVE dollars. And it works great. Six months now and i have no problems with it. You should be shopping around before shelling out 40-60 bucks for something that radioshack has for $5. Hope others see this before they waste money on the mitsubishi ipod adapter. And im not sure whether their ipod cable is for ipods only but the radioshack one works on any player with a headphone jack.

·
Registered
33 Posts
+1 to the previous post! I paid $10 at Pep boys, and got a nice retractable cable that plugs into the AUX jack that's hidden behind the ashtray. My GTS came with the AUX input jack there, with the Nav system. See picture below, this pic was taken to show the new shift knob, but it shows the white retractable cable back there. It's nice because it tucks away when I don't have the iPod in the car:

·
Registered
40 Posts
If i get a generic cable from somewhere like you guys are saying will i be able to use the controls on the radio like the mitsu ipod cable allows or will i have to actually use my ipod itself to change songs and things like that? Will the song names still come up on the radio display with a generic cable? The only reason I thought about getting the Mitsu one is because I dont like having to hold my ipod while driving and having the song names on the display is nice as well.

·
Registered
40 Posts
to me it would be worth it to pay the extra to get a good one from mitsu, i like the fact that you can use your radio to change songs, or go back and forth through songs and that I can see what song is playing by looking at the radio display instead of grabbing anf looking at the ipod the whole time. Just seems classy to have a good one instead of some crappy cable. just my opinion though.

·
Registered
10 Posts
i checked out mitsubishi's site, looking for that original ipod cable and this is what i found:

as you can see, the cable conects to the earphones plug of the ipod. That means that you won't be able to use your radio to change songs and so on even if you pay $50 for the original or $5.

To be able to have those features that you are talking about you will need a docking station of some sort, conected to the base of your ipod and to the back of your cd player, in the cd-changer plug, like the one i posted earlyer. if you find such a docking station, let me know.

this is what i'm talking about. please read the overview to understand better (this is for bmw, as they don't make them for mitsu. yet):
DICE Silverline iPod Car Kit

·
Registered
2 Posts
I got a question about the RCA audio inputs. I really dont like the clutter of CDs in a car. Who doesnt?

What trim of lancer you have to buy in get the RCA audio aux. Is standard to all Lancer trims? or is it only available to the ES, GTS,and the EVO?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Originally posted by leszekny@Apr 15 2008, 05:56 AM
hi
I am not sure if this cable will work but is only $6 and you connect it to digital dock, so probably I'll be able to remote my iphone from the radio.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...rksid=p3907.m29
I'll let you know when I got it
[snapback]156978[/snapback]​
Anything plugged into the AUX port on the Lancer cannot be controlled by the radio. I also have Apple's version of your cable, and it will only output videos. You cannot just send music out of the iphone through that cable.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Originally posted by awg0020@May 5 2008, 08:22 AM
Anything plugged into the AUX port on the Lancer cannot be controlled by the radio. I also have Apple's version of your cable, and it will only output videos. You cannot just send music out of the iphone through that cable.
[snapback]161925[/snapback]​
haha, that's what i'm trying to tell them, but they won't "listen"

·
Registered
420 Posts
please dont buy the cord from mitsubishi dealership for $60 or w/e it is, you are just paying for the same product with $55 worth of mitsu's name on it.

im confused on the part where you are showing 2 diff cords, which one are you looking for ?

the cord that goes into the bottom (say if you wanted to connect to your computer and it has the usb on the other end and the ipod adapter connected to your ipod)

or the headphone jack output to rca input (red and white cords)

i have the GTS and came with the rca input ^^^ and i cant control my ipod through radio, no duh but i dont have the nav system.

i think mitsu only has the rca cord for the cars with this option. which i bought a belkin cord at Wal-mart for $5 so please look around before you buy to save some $$

just my 2 cents

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello all
I have the Lancer 08 ES and I wanted to see my options on an ipod conection but my stock radio has no rca or any other inputs in the back of the radio... any other ideas out there besides mitsu dealers crapy cable for 50 bucks?

·
Registered
2 Posts
well there's FM transmitters for ipods and mp3 players...
furthermore is it better to use the built it aux in rather than buying another one such as that? sound quality-wise? i think so...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Well I went to Best Buy and bought a Dynex brand 3 foot/0.9 meters "Mini-to-RCA" Cable. It was an open box buy for $4.99. It works perfectly for my ipod and the sound quality is great. The normal price is $10.99. The salesman in the car audio section was nice enough to sell down, there is an fancy looking "i" cable that does the same thing for $19.99 but he told me to go to the audio/visual section of the store by the TV's to find this cable.

I couldn't figure out where the Aux button was to play the ipod but found out you just hold down the MP3 button for a couple of seconds. It's no big deal "in my book" to control the music from the ipod itself.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
There seems to be some confusion going on around here. The $65 wire that is shown here...

This is literally just the wire. A fine example of dealer markup.

However... the $200 kits everybody else is talking about, this is a kit that allows you to connect the wire to your stock headunit and let you use your MP3 player on your car stereo. It is far more complex than a wire with a 3.5mm stereo jack.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts