Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For all those folks who have been asking about the use of an Ipod with the factory installation if you visit Mitsu's website you will see that there is now an adapter available for the Endeavor!

I have one on order for my 04 LS and will update once it arrives.... :57:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Definitely let us know.

Is the IPod adapter the standard FM transmitter type? I have a 2004 XLS and am going crazy without MP3 support, but can’t stand the sound quality of every FM transmitter I’ve tried with my mp3 players. =(((

I have heard that there is a type of IPod kit that somehow attaches to the radio antenna and electrically injects the music instead of aerial reception which is supposedly better. (Co-worker was talking about it for his Honda Ridgeline, but haven’t done enough reading to know if it’s true or not)..

None the less. Keep us up to d[email protected] =)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok so I received the adapter today its designed so you can DIY, for those wanting to know how it connects? it interfaces with the din connector in the back of the factory audio assembly!

At this point I have a crazy week ahead of me and probably will not get to it until the weekend having said that it looks pretty straight forward at this time! more later.......

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi, My name is mike and I just joined this forum. I was wondering where you bought the adapter for your ipod. I have a 2005 endeavor ls and I heard they make one. I just have the single in dash cd player and was wondering if the adapter you bought hooks up to the 13 pin spot in the back of the radio. I will not settle for the fm transmitter. Thank you much Mike.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok

Once again the Ipod adapter was purchased directly from the dealer! so you will have to visit the parts dept!

Today I got around to installing the adapter and as I said earlier it interfaces with the din socket in the back of the player, it's designed for various Mitsu's but in the case of the Endeavor it can be installed on all models.

Installation was straight forward the only pain being the single nut that locks down the player at the back! once installed and attached to your Ipod album and track# info comes up on your main display, however it does not display title and or artist etc!

So far I am impressed with sound quality and doubt if I will ever carry another cd again! for those wish to connect there Ipods I hope you find this info of some use.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi again its Mike, do you have a part# for the adapter, also when hooked up do you have to hit the cd button twice to activate the that din output. What car kit did you buy for ipod. Thanks much, any info will help because you can google this all day and come up with nothing. I talked to my dealer last week and they said there is nothing for 2005 endeavor, and this was a tech I talked too.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi everyone, just wanted to let you know the ipod adapter is available and th part# is mz607411ex. You can call Steve at victorvillemitsubishi.com (ask for Steve in parts) He gave it to me for $169.99 and it plugs in the back of the radio, even if you do not have cd changer. This fits multiple applications. mine is a 2005 endeavor.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by duketbrd88@Sep 29 2006, 08:29 PM
Hey how are you doing, I have not recieved mine yet. How do access the ipod ., is it through the cd button. thanks mike
[snapback]69035[/snapback]​
I am doing pretty well thanks! access for the ipod is indeed done through the cd button basicaly your unit treats it as a multi changer, buttons 5&6 for the radio allow you to move up or down through the albums/ playlist and the rpt/scan buttons will allow you to skip through tracks playing each one for about 10 seconds.

So far sound reproduction is quite good with a rich bass :57:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hey guys! Just in case you wanted more information.... I live in Australia and i'm sure you have heard of the stereo brand "Pioneer"..... I bought an Ipod adaptor 10 months ago, which Pioneer brought out and it should fit any car stereo, whether you still have the standard head unit or say a Pioneer, it just fits straight into the back of it... You can set up your Ipod to shuffle or you can access your play lists, as 'comscan' said, by using your up and down buttons and just scroll through...
It is awesome!!! I have a 20 gig ipod and have all my cd's on it, roughly 700 songs and I still have around 15 gig left.
I'm not sure if this helps you guys at all but I thought i'd let you know in case you wanted to check it out!
Cheers :thumbsup:

·
Registered
42 Posts
I installed a wired FM modulator for my ipod. is that what Mitsu is offering with that part? I paid about the same.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Originally posted by shanghaistein@Oct 8 2006, 03:42 PM
I installed a wired FM modulator for my ipod.  is that what Mitsu is offering with that part?  I paid about the same.
[snapback]70267[/snapback]​
Hi

That's a negative the component we are discussing plugs directly in to the back of the factory unit using the 13 pin connector!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just dropped my Endeavor off at the dealer for service and figured I’d ask about the IPOD adaptor.

They said that the unit they have listed (mz607411ex) is only listed to be supported on the 2006 Endeavor with the cd changer. I just wanted to make sure that people are having success installing this part on a 2004 model. (I have a 2004 XLS).

Another item, the price they quoted me was $328.07CA for the parts, not including install! That’s a far cry from duketbrd88 claiming to have bought it for $169.99US. What prices are people paying for these things?!

Last question. Do the steering wheel controls for audio work with the IPOD adaptor? IE, are you able to move forward/backward a song from the steering wheel controls? Being able to do this will probably influence my buying decision as I hate skipping songs any other way.

Thanks for your info!

Para

Edit: Added US/CA to reduce confusion. Still a substantial price difference.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hey

To try and answer your questions if you take a look at my profile you will see that I have an 04 model so yes the unit will work for your vehicle! don't forget that duketbrd is in the US and their prices are way lower than ours also looking at the instructions you need an extra cable if you have the 6 disc changer, and finally I can't comment on the steering controls as LS models don't have that feature! hope that helps?

p.s where in Alberta?

1 - 20 of 60 Posts