Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Have a 2004 Mitsubishi Airtrek that has the Evo 4G63 engine, except that the intercooler is top mounted, well anyways I was having a oil leak between my Valve cover, so I thought it was my valve cover gasket,, ordered a new Valve cover gasket,, then started to do it myself, removed the top mounted intercooler, removing the 4 bolts that holds it down, then I removed the 2 hoses out of the 3 on the intercooler just somi could temporarily move it aside, so i could check the 6bolts on the engine valve cover,, and apparently all 6 had came loose,, so what i did was tighten all 6 bolts, to see if it would stop the leak, so after tightening I replaced the intrrcooler by connecting 1st the 2 hoses I removed then connected the 4bracket bolts, then started the car that sounded great, drove the car for like 30 minutes the. parked her, so 2hrs later I came down to take her out for another test drive ang behold she started then the engine light cane on and she died right away, so I started her up again and the same thing happened!??? this is the 1st time that ever happened?? did I do something wrong? need advice and help ASAP please... thank you all in Advance...

1 - 1 of 1 Posts