Mitsubishi Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, this is weird.

Priced out an XLS 2WD got the options I wanted (nav & luxury & sunroof), got the price down, etc. Bought the car. Great no problem.

Take it home driving around last night in the rain, tried to turn the fog lights on but can't find them. Weird.

I bring it into the dealership today, they're all stumped. They showed me another XLS and it has a different handle for the fog lights. Also, I should have daytime running lights, but they're not working or on this car.

My first thought was that I'd been had. That they took a lower model, changed the luggage rack and slipped it in as an XLS. But it has the paddle shifters and the third row seats, so I'm pretty sure I have an XLS.

Anyone ever heard of this? What should I do?

Also, the ACS Off switch doesn't do anything. lol

·
Registered
3 Posts
If you have the Luxury package, it comes with Zenon HIDs and there are no fog lamps. They use the fog lamps as driving lamps and they are also the daytime running lights. The driving lights are always on due to being daytime running lights until you turn the headlamps on, at which time they shut off. They do stay on when the switch is in the parking lamp position.

As for the ACS. Did you hold the switch in for 5 to 10 seconds? Just pushing it and letting go will not do anything. You have to hold it in until you get a warning in the dash saying it has been turned off.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just got my 2008 Outlander yesterday, as well! And I'm having a similar problem with fog lights. I will be taking mine in to the dealer in a couple days for them to figure it out.
Mine has the Xenon lowbeam headlight on the outside, then inboard of the Xenon headlights is the high beam headlight (halogen bulb), with the daytime running light incandescent bulb at the bottom of that reflector - and fog lights that are down lower, next to the road. What's odd is that the fog lights ONLY come on when the headlights are switched off. Note that the DRL is a separate bulb at the bottom of the high beam reflector - they are ALWAYS on - not just when headlights are off. (same as the DRL on any other car) Remember when people added a DRL to the center of their grill, before car makers came out with them? (yeah, that says something about my age!) They were on when the engine was on.

Here's what I have in the 3 light switch positions:
OFF = fog lights and daytime running lights
Park = fog lights, park lights and daytime running lights
low beam headlights = Xenon headlights and daytime running lights
High beam headlights = Xenon and halogen headlights, park lights and daytime running lights

The owner's manual shows one type of headlight stalk on the headlight page, (the one I have) and little different type on the fog light page.

By the way, I also had a problem with that ACS switch, until I read in the manual where it says to hold it in at least 3 seconds! Good call, fisherman!

I'll let you know what the dealer has to say about fog lights. :57:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts