Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the maximum mileage from an evo 9 engine I know most people I can see get rid between 40000 - 60000 miles but if looked after what mileage would the engine do if looked after?

Also will the price drop on Evo 9 Fq 300 next year as it will be 06 model and 10 is arriveing so would I be best to hold out till oct 2007.

Thank you for reading this and I really appreciate any help. :beer:

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Depends how the car is serviced and how its driven.If its been modified and used for track days alot it might not be too healthy. But a well looked after example should easily see close to a hundred. Bear in mind plenty of the previous generation evos have lived to over 100,000 without any signs trouble. Price will drop when new lancer arrives,but that depends on how well the X goes down.....reading on different forums not everyone is too sure about it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
wait wait wait
evo is only good for 100k miles?!?!?!?
on average how many years is that???
now it doesnt seem worth 40grand
say it aint so

·
Registered
8 Posts
evo is only good for 100k miles?!?!?!?
on average how many years is that???
now it doesnt seem worth 40grand
say it aint so
I think it all depends on how you take care of the car. My parents have a 1990 Mazda MPV, lol. That thing is still running well today. the car is decently cared for. And I think the rest of that 40 grand is justified witht he 4.3 second 0-60 mph performance and the twin turbos, etc... and the sexy body of the evo ;) lol.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Originally posted by StealthyFish@Dec 22 2006, 02:09 PM
I think it all depends on how you take care of the car. My parents have a 1990 Mazda MPV, lol. That thing is still running well today. the car is decently cared for. And I think the rest of that 40 grand is justified witht he 4.3 second 0-60 mph performance and the twin turbos, etc... and the sexy body of the evo ;) lol.
[snapback]80045[/snapback]​
I agree, turbos are tough on engines, but that's why they design the engine for the turbo (stronger rods/pistons/etc, different compression ratios, and so on). If you change the oil when you're supposed to, if you allow the car to warm up before driving it hard, and let it cool down before shutting it off, then there is no reason why the car will run without major problems for 100,000 miles. It's all about how you take car of the car.

FYI-the Evo isn't a twin turbo.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Originally posted by mfalik@Dec 22 2006, 02:14 PM
I agree, turbos are tough on engines, but that's why they design the engine for the turbo (stronger rods/pistons/etc, different compression ratios, and so on).  If you change the oil when you're supposed to, if you allow the car to warm up before driving it hard, and let it cool down before shutting it off, then there is no reason why the car will run without major problems for 100,000 miles.  It's all about how you take car of the car. 

FYI-the Evo isn't a twin turbo.
[snapback]80047[/snapback]​
sry about that, I've been doing research on the evos and 3000GT. got the 3000GT mixed up with the evo :S

1 - 7 of 7 Posts