Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2004 Endeavor XLS with the security package and my keyless entry range is very poor. Both remotes function the same range wise. I have to be rite next to the drivers door for the doors to unlock or lock. When I first bought it brand new the range was awesome and now its very poor. I replaced both remote batteries with no luck.
Is there a external antenna wire for the keyless entry receiver? I took off the knee bolster and found the reciever ETACS attached the the back of the fuse box but no antenna.
What are the other possiblities for the poor range. I have searched all over the net to try to find information out on this and have had no luck.
Any ideas or help would be great.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have a an '04 XLS too and mine works from so far away that it relocks itself by the time I actually get to the car...maybe 100 feet. I don't think anything special was ever done to it, although I'm the second owner....

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi, i just did this last week. got to http://programyourremote.com/ and look up your vehicle. follow the instructions.

All you need are the instructions, TWO open paper clips and an alligator clip to jump them (o a wire, but the clip is easier)

The data port is under the dash, just above the gas pedal. It is oriented vertically, and ports 1 and 4 are on the left side, port 1 at the bottom.

One last thing: You have to program ALL of your remotes when you do this.

It's easy, and good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts