Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just purchased a Spacestar DI D 1993 with out the keyless fob. I understand that to get keyless locking all you have to do is purchase a fob and have it programed as all the rest of the electronics is already in the car. Does anybody know a cheaper way of geting a fob ie less than the £180 my local dealer charges

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi verry old posting but I thought let's try.

Is the above statement true ? Is the electronics already in the car and all you have to do is get some remotes and programm them ?

I have a Space Star 1.3 GLX ( build in the year 2000 )

Hope someone can give a definate yes or no..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Originally posted by gevo@Sep 19 2007, 08:59 PM
Never heard this before,be interesting to check out. So does anyone know where the "reciever" is?
[snapback]112808[/snapback]​
I doubt it is in there. I would guess not.. Can't find anything about it in manuals. But just the thought was interesting so I thought let's just ask :)

·
Registered
499 Posts
most of the older cars that have central locking can have remotes fitted but it requires a keyless entry system which is remotes,wiring and a brain box.in the UK the dealership I worked at used the cobra keyless entry.having fitted quite a few they appear easy to install and very reliable.they are also available aftermarket from such places as edworthys.co.uk.
If any of you do try this system then solder a 6" extension to the aerial before fitting as it has increased the range on my fittments up to 40ft

·
Registered
3 Posts
Originally posted by conanofcimmeria@Sep 26 2007, 12:26 AM
most of the older cars that have central locking can have remotes fitted but it requires a keyless entry system which is remotes,wiring and a brain box.in the UK the dealership I worked at used the cobra keyless entry.having fitted quite a few they appear easy to install and very reliable.they are also available aftermarket from such places as edworthys.co.uk.
If any of you do try this system then solder a 6" extension to the aerial before fitting as it has increased the range on my fittments up to 40ft
[snapback]113772[/snapback]​
Thank you for your answer. I'm gonna look around for a system to add then ;-)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts