Read topic and followed up on the transponder key extra and keyless entry remote via eBay Motors. Got 1 key for $20 and three extra keyless entry remotes $50.00! Got key cut @ local hardware store for $2.00 and followed the instructions provided on this forum to set codes for keyless remotes. All items worked like charms. Saved and arm and a leg as well on not having to pay dealer fees to have them do the work.
How did u program the remote keyless transmitter? I got mine but without instruction. I look up the DLC under the right knee dash i notice 4 contacts on the right side and continuous contact on the left..so do i need to ground the top and bottom of the right hand side and start the program.? tkx for ur help.
OK, I figured out how to program a new remote for my wife's 2004 Endeavor. Very simple.
1) First find the DLC plug (inside under driver side, right hand side, next to transmission wall). It’s a 16 pin connector with pins 1-8 on the wide side, 9-16 on the narrow side. Look closely and you can see the number 8, and barely make out the number 1.
2) Insert a paper clip into pin 1 and another into pin 4. Run two clip on wires up to where you can work comfortably so you can jumper 1 & 4 together in the next steps.
3) Insert your key into the ignition. Do not turn it. Just put it in.
4) Jumper 1&4. Within 10 seconds press the hazard button 6 times (that’s 3 on & 3 off). Your doors should lock and unlock to confirm registration mode.
5) Press and release the lock button of your 1st remote once.
6) Within 10 seconds of step 5 press and release the lock button of your remote TWICE.
7) The doors should lock and unlock to confirm registration.
8) If registering additional remotes follow steps 5 -7 again for up to a total of 4 remotes. But do them within 1 minute. NOTE: You must re-register your original remote as part of this since it wipes out all old registrations.
9) When done remove the jumper wire, paper clips, start the car, and with the money you saved go and fill up your gas tank.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
A forum community dedicated to all Mitsubishi owners and enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about the Eclipse, Outlander, Mirage, Galant, Lancer, Montero and more. Research modifications, troubleshooting, maintenance, and Turbo kits