Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI, I AM A NEW MEMBER AND HAVE HAD MY WARRIOR FOR 6 MNTHS, ITS A 2003 MODEL, MY ENGINE LIGHT COMES ON(YELLOW ONE) AFTER I HAVE PUT MY FOOT DOWN, WHICH THEN CAUSES TRUCK TO LOSE POWER, IF I STOP AND TURN IGNITION OFF (LEAVES FOR 10MINS OR SO) RESTART THE LIGHT GOES OFF AGAIN. WOULD APPRECIATE ANY SUGGESTIONS AS TO WHY IT DOES IT/WHAT THE CAUSE MAY BE?

THANKYOU.

·
Registered
49 Posts
you have a tuning kit, 136 hp?
Most probl. under load the turbo overboosts, DTC49 (readout diagnss.)
connect a boost gauge and read boost press. when light goes on.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HI ALEX, IM PRETTY SURE ITS STANDARD BUT NOT 100% AS I WAS SUPRISED AT THE PERFORMANCE, HOW CAN I CHECK TO SEE?, I HAVE JUST SRAYED THE WASTEGATE WITH GREASE TO SEE IF THAT HELPS AND I NOTICED THAT THE TURBO IS ADJUSTABLE, THANKS FOR YOUR OPINION I WILL PRINT OFF AND INVESTIGATE. ALSO WHERE CAN I GET THE SOFTWARE TO PLUG INTO TO CHK DIAGS?

·
Registered
499 Posts
consult your local dealer as there is an ecu rewrite to prevent the overboost fault from occuring without adjusting the turbo.in most cases this solves the fault and even if the turbo needs adjusting in the end the rewrite is required to make the electrics side of the boost a little slower in reading

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK THANKS WILL LET YOU KNOW HOW I GET ON!, TYPICAL SINCE I GREASED WASTEGATE IT HASNT COME ON, MAYBE NEEDS A GOOD SERVICE, THANKS AGAIN.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts