Mitsubishi Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a 1997 2.0 Carby Express Van L300. There is a marking on the block that says 3R (unknown what this means)

I also have a Carby 2.4 donk with markings III (as in roman numerals I think)

My question is, both blocks are marked 4G63 so is it possible to swap them over? The reason I ask is because I have sold all my toys and a little more overtaking power wouldnt go astray. If they can be swapped will the later heads/timing belts and pullies be transferable? As well as the gearbox (both manual)

I have a TO3 turbo that was left over from a mates buildup and thought if the 2.4 block will indeed bolt straight in, then a little boost may be on the cards also. I dont want to go EFI as I like old school setups (but thats just me)

This is prob a stupid question but any help would be much appreciated. :liebe011:

·
Registered
2 Posts
wow thats cool, I use to have a van just like it and was very close to doing the same conversion, I was going to run the 2.6l g54b since it would bolt right up to my automatic, but if I remember our dodge.mitsubishi pickups with the rwd 4g63 motor can be made to work also, cool to see it as I thought it would be cool to have a fast van too, too mnay people would have a fit when a van outruns them!!!

btw has anyone there every tried the DOHC 4g63 head on one of those vans?

love those front headlights, any chance to have some sent here as I would to have a pair for myself if I get another van, they are very rare here in the USA, came from canada last week and found many rhd delicas running around.

emails me at [email protected] if you have any leads to what I'm looking for thanks mate!

conrad
antioch,usa

1 - 3 of 3 Posts