Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
L300 4d56 2007
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,
I bought the L300 van 2 months ago. And I can't find the computer or a OBD2 socket.
On top of that, I have a strange problem with the engine running: as the Voltage to Engine Coolant temp sensor constantly and very rapidly. changes from 0 to -1.5 to + 7 Volts, while connected to the ECT... It varies like twice per second.
Without connection to the ECT the terminals show the same fluctuations
--> I tried 3 multi meters and all show the same result.

The temp/resistances in the ECT at: 20C=2500 Ohm,,, at 65C=1000 Ω ,,, at 70C=670 Ω at 80C=620 Ω
(At 80C the temp/resistance remains the same, due to the thermostat opening, I presume)
I understand that this voltage should vary the resistance in the ECT, and increases/decreases slowly as the water temp changes.

The dashboard temp gauge needle rises only about 6 mm (1/4") from cold to (approx 80C) when driving and remains there.

I also measured the resistance in the glow plugs: Cyl #1 =10 Ω , Cyl #2 3 & 4, all measure 1.8 Ω seems to me that glow plug#1 is faulty??
The glow plug indicator on the dash remains lit for just 2 seconds, this makes it hard to start--> So I turn the key on/off 3 times ,than it starts fine

Can anyone PLEASE shed some light in order to solve the above problems, PLEASE..

·
Super Moderator
2018 MQ Triton
295 Posts
With ignition on, engine not running with sensor plug disconnected, what is the supply voltage?

·
Registered
L300 4d56 2007
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for your reply
I attached a sketch of the voltages I found. , Contact on, engine off, plug disconnected from sensor (The van's battery Volt=12.4)
The statement "VAR" on the attachment relates to the fast fluctuating voltage as mentioned before, The only steady one is the 4.74V.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2018 MQ Triton
295 Posts
so the sensor has a 5v supply, and as the temperature increases the resistance changes and this voltage difference is read by the ECU.

What problems are you having?

·
Registered
L300 4d56 2007
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What started all this of is the engine starting problems, as it seems to be influenced by the engine cooling water temp sensor.
1)The glow plug light stays on for about 2 seconds resulting that the engine needs turning over for well over 10 seconds to start.
2) Where in the ecu located?
3)Where is the OBD socket?
4) Where can I download the engine wiring diagram?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same problem as well. The power supply going to the temperature sensor is varying from nothing to 4.8V. The temperature gauge doesn't have a significant increase from a cold start (zero) and after running for 2hrs. any thoughts on this?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts