Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G'day,

I've recently got myself an L300 SWB SE with the 8V carb 4G63. I've read a few references to a MPI manifold that will fit. Can anyone tell me what year L300/ L400 vans and what engines have an MPI manifold that will bolt on with no or minor mods?

While I'm capable of building a manifold from scratch I don't want to spend the time if there's a factory option.

Many Thanks!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Planning trip to the wreckers on Saturday all going well. Maybe I'll find what I'm looking for there. I'd probably settle for cutting and shutting the plennum to swap the end of the throttle body. Apart from the pain of cleaning the cast to weld that's still not too much work.

·
Registered
4 Posts
G'day,

I've recently got myself an L300 SWB SE with the 8V carb 4G63. I've read a few references to a MPI manifold that will fit. Can anyone tell me what year L300/ L400 vans and what engines have an MPI manifold that will bolt on with no or minor mods?

While I'm capable of building a manifold from scratch I don't want to spend the time if there's a factory option.

Many Thanks!
I dont think Mitsubishi put EFI on the 2.0ltr vans till about 2003, the 2.4 may be different. Im pretty sure the cylinder head is different so swapping the manifolds proves difficult, however im sure when theres a will there is way "adapter plate?? “. Im thinking of a 1992 Mitsubishi Galant 8v 4g63 this is same engine as yours and came out carby and MPI that may be your closest chance. Of course then you have wiring, fuel pumps and computer to consider. If you can get another van with the 4g64 MPI 16v engine you can swap everything into your L300. However the cost to do so is high and your much better off looking for a complete factory package from the start.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your reply. I'm planning on a trip to the wreckers on the weekend with an inlet manifold gasket. I know what you're saying about swapping the whole lot which is where I would start if the engine wasn't freshly re-ringed. It's just so slow so I'm looking to bump the power a bit. I do like a good mod.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Im interested to know how you go at the wreckers.. I also love a good mod,and would love to do the same to my van.. I got a 8 valve cylinder head here 4g63 Mitsubishi galant 1992 efi

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Found an efi manifold on a 93 l300 that fits the manifold gasket I took. The Tb was knackered so I took one off a ce lancer. Will need to mod the cable pulley a bit.

Grabbed an efi pump assy and opto dizzy while I was there.

Lots of cleaning to do but probably no welding.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Nice work👍that's good to know. Good you got the wiring harness and all. Is there a computer in all of what you got?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No computer yet, I want to go speed density rather than a flow sensor and stock computer so thinking about giving speeduino a go. I have ms2 on another car so already have tunerstudio experience.

Ultimately this is the way to go should I decide to add forced induction or if I decide to add flex fuel or any other mod. It also means I can choose whatever ignition I want as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts