Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, and thanks in advance for all your answers and advices. 1st of all i'm not a native english speaker, so i appologise for my writing mistakes, i'll try to make as easy to understand as i can.
I own a Mitsubishi Lancer 1.6 2005, petrol, automatic. I live in UK, where the wheater is bad most of the time, now raining almost every day since October. Yesterday it rained very hard all day and in the morning when started the car to go to work, it started normally but in few seconds it lost all power and stopped. Turnt off and on again, worked perfectly. Drove it to work ( i live about 7 mins driving from work) without any problems. Finished work, and offered a colleague to take him home (it was still raining hard and he lives about 40 mins driving from work), while driving (@40miles/h), engine stops again suddenly. Being almost halfway to his place i kept forcing the car by turning engine on and off several times while pressing the acceleration pedal repeatedly in Parking gear. It was starting but struggling and losing power. When i was getting it to start i was driving it for like a mile or two then suddenly stopping again. Lights we're working, windows, everything except the power. At some point the engine light turnt on while driving but as soon as i arrived home ( after 3 1/2 h ...) it just went off. Today i drove it again, took it to a garage, they've checked it on computer and there we're no errors at all. There werent any major problems after i left, just a small tremble from going under 1k RPM while in P. Then when i parked home the engine light turnt on again... Care to say that few months ago, on the same type of weather, it happened the same, but just for a day, then it worked fine untill yesterday...
Sorry for the ultra-long post.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update : just changed coil sparks, cleaned air filter, checked MAF, put it back on the tester with Check Engine light on, it showed some missfiring error that dissapeared after changing coil sparks. It does the same (losing power). Curious thing is that when i'm turning it off and on again while in Park mode, facing downhill or uphill it loses the most power and engine dies... again sometimes it works with no rpm fluctuations, most of the time oscilating between 500rpm and 900rpm, but when this happens the engine dies again.... help please

1 - 2 of 2 Posts