Mitsubishi Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I have a Lancer ES 2008, I bought to a friend a OEM radio from a Lancer 2014 and I wanted to install on my car. I saw that it was supossed to be plug and play, the connections were the same. I connect the radio on try it without turning the car ON, and works fine, but when I tried to turn the car on, it didn't turn on. I was trying to turning on and it turn On, but then all the lights in the board were on. Check engine on, airbag on, ABS on, for doors open light on, etc, all the lights... I took the radio off and install the original back on and everything was normal again. I think probably it's not compatible with my Lancer. Do you guys know what can I do?

·
Super Moderator
2018 MQ Triton
452 Posts
Buy an aftermarket radio and a wiring kit to suit your car. Mitsubishi radio units are connected to the CANBUS network, and if you connect a different unit it is very likely to induce fault codes. This is less likely if you used a unit of a similar age, but 2008 to 2014 is unlikely to work as you have seen

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Buy an aftermarket radio and a wiring kit to suit your car. Mitsubishi radio units are connected to the CANBUS network, and if you connect a different unit it is very likely to induce fault codes. This is less likely if you used a unit of a similar age, but 2008 to 2014 is unlikely to work as you have seen
Yes, that's what I thought.

I will buy an aftermarket then. Thanks for the reply

1 - 3 of 3 Posts