Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 2005 lancer es just bought it i know its not an evo but its all i could afford. i was wondering if EVO Vlll body kits would fit it cause i saw one on the web that i fell in love with. im a hardcore noob so this is prob. a realy stupid question but i need to ask. the one i want is a chargespeed if that helps.

·
Registered
2 Posts
yeah they do, just make sure the title reads for ES and not OZ. some modification may have to be done, painting too, but make a body shop do both and install as well. Unless its in the color*make sure its the right now, tones are different!*

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi
I also own the 05 Lancer ES and I know what you're referring to.

You want a body kit that is made for the Evo VIII. Not a conversion kit right?

If you want the one made for the Evo VIII then you'll run into one major problem. Look closely to the front bumper near the wheel wells.

The Evo front bumper is a straight edge to the well while our front dips down by a few degrees. This means that you'll have to cut the Evo front bumper so that it matches up to the fender. I'm not sure myself but the headlights may also cause some problems.
And you can't swap out the fenders for Evo VIII ones because our headlights are rounded and shoot up towards the cabin while the Evos are flat and rectangular. This also means that the hoods are different so to get everything lined up you will have to get the fenders, hood, and headlights from an Evo, then the body kit's bumper will line up with all of those components.

Edit: Actually my original information here was wrong. Sorry but you can not put the Evo fenders hood and headlights onto a Lancer. Why? Because the actual front mount bars of the engine bay are at a different angle on the Lancer when compared to the Evolution. The different angle is due to the diffferences in the construction of the headlights. The Evo headlights are rectangular is overall design. The Lancer's headlights are actually angled in the back to fit the curve look. The Evo headlights would just not mount.
You could get a shop to custom fabricate a false mounting bar that would be welded onto the front of the Lancer's mounting bar. This would be able to hold the Evo headlights but this type of work will cost a lot more than the other Evo components combined.

Will

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanx for the help i was planning on putting evo angel eye head lights on it they costin me like 600 each. and the hood and fenders that what gonna cost me i found fenders that chargespeed makes that goes with the body kit they are 200 each i think and the hood well that gonna cost the most. the rear end of my es ive already made it kinda of jdm it has some spyder auto carbon fiber tail lights and a black trunk lid so the hood will have to be carbon as well to match. does anyone know any good evo conv. kits that look realy good incase just i desided to keep the front angel eyes i already put on my es they are the same shape as the stock ones ad it looks sick. just will feel bad if i get rid of them just cause fo a bumper.

·
Registered
14 Posts
There are links for the conversion kits that I found on the site but no sure about the actual evo body kits and slapping them on the ES.

·
Registered
13 Posts
first off Chargespeed is a really good company and a legit brand. second if you are really into that fast and furious stuff look into evo style kit that is made to your specific model that way it will only cost you to install and paint and not go through a costly labor retro fitting the evo kit into your model, I honestly think its not worth the time hassle and money but do what makes you happy, If I were you id go for something simple like the OZ rally lip kit lower the car slap on some nice set of rims and be done with it but then again that is my opinion. good luck on your project.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts