Mitsubishi Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have Lancer ES 09 with 18'' wheels, 215/45/R18 tires. 3 year old car, for the last 6-8 months I feel the steering has become very light. It turns with the bad road and feels scary sometimes. Wheels are perfectly fine, balanced and aligned. At 70mph the steering simply floats (does not wobble), feels very light. I can feel its not good. I'm not talking about torque steering. Sometimes when I slow down for a red signal on an uneven road, the steering turns half way, I have to hold it very tight.
Showed it to 2 mitsubishi dealers, they tell me the lancer steerings are light only. one said that because of bigger wheels its like this. I told them for 2 years i never had this problem but they don't agree.
I filed a case with Mitsubishi customer care, but i dont think they will do anything extra.

Has anyone felt some problem with bigger wheels and tires? Please help.
I'm so pissed with the handling that I want to trade this car with something better and heavier option.

Thanks,
GD

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Noone has a answer to my problem...hmm..

well all lancer owners who have installers bigger wheels/tires, do you feel anything with your steering?
isnt it light as compared to any other brand cars?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello Friends, after getting frustrated and not satisfied with the handling and specially the Mitsubishi customer care, I've finally sold my car.
At one time I was a big fan of Lancer and now will not recommend it to my friends.

Thanks,
GD

1 - 6 of 6 Posts