Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!
I am new to this forum and the reason why I subscribed is that I am planning on buying a new Lancer GTS 2009.
I tested the car and i was very pleased.
When I sat down with the sales rep, out of curiosity, I also asked a quote on the Eclipse GS 2008.
I was very surprised to find out that both vehicles would cost me the same thing (per month) due to a 0% financing on the Eclipse GS 2008.
Since I am in a Mitsubishi Forum, I am sure that you already know that the Lancer GTS 2009 comes with a 2.4l / 168hp all aluminum engine and is quite loaded with little extras... While the Eclipse GS 2008 as fewer options included and come with the old version of the same engine, the 2.4l / 162hp cast iron block. The Eclipse is also heavier and of course less convenient.
Another important detail, I leave in Quebec, Canada, in the Laurentiens, on top of a mountain. I drive about 50 000km per year or 30 000 miles. Allot in the snow.
So here I am, posting for the first time and already asking for a favour... Witch car would you buy and while your at it, what color would you choose?

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Theoretically the lancer will probably handle better in the snow. Ive never driven one but it has skinnier tires which usually help in bad weather like that. It is also a lighter car so it should take the mountains easier because it would put less strain on the engine and drivetrain.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts