Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, i got a Lancer Sportback Ralliart from -10 that has some issues with starting up.
About 1/3 of the times I try to start the car it cranks for about three "strokes" or what its called, then it just dies. Its like the power just shuts down, maybe som kind of protective mechanism? Often I get it to start on the third try, but sometimes it can take up to a few minutes of trying... A few times it have just refused to even start cranking (and shuts down part of the power just the same as after a few "strokes")

Anyone has any idea what causes this? I've searched the web and found out that a few different relays could cause something like this, but I have no idea which and why? Or could it be something else? The car runs smooth otherwise...

Would be greatful for help since I use it to get to the firestation, Im a part time fire fighter so I really need it to start up properly when I get an alarm.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Forgot to mention that the battery is new and the "strokes" from the starter engine sounds "powerful" and well.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts