Mitsubishi Forums banner

Late shifting issues but no Service/check engine.

533 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Odysseux 
#1 ·
2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT v6
Recently bought this car and the guy said he was done with it didnt have enough time to work on it and has a truck now, sold it for 1500, said it needed tune ups and there was a possible trans issue.
I finished all the tune ups replacing filters fluids sparks etc.

I have been driving her around town and noticed the transmission issue he was talking about. In the slap shift form when you get to like 2500 3k rpms and shift up it takes quite a bit id say around 3 to 5 seconds to fully shift before she wants to deliver power again through all gears into 2nd 3rd and not so much 4th.
In regular drive the car accelerates fine but you can still feel the very late shifting and also in drive it jumps rpms before shifting.

I have only had two error codes when I first bought the thing, P0520 which was fixed by replacing the sensor/switch and P0305 which was fixed after replacing sparkplugs, wires, distributor cap and rotor.

No more error codes but still late shifting.

I took it to a local shop and they said they cannot find whats wrong with it as its not throwing any error codes and they dont want to tear into something they cant guarantee they can fix without making me spend 100s on diagnostic fees.

I have been told its possible that it could be a shift solenoid but im not 100% sure and I currently cant afford to take it to a transmission shop to replace the solenoid if that's not the issue. This is my side car so any help would be appreciated im pretty fluid in engine/suspension/exhaust work but very lacking in the transmission department.
thanks again

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.