Mitsubishi Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please help out!

Heres the deal, I wanted a Evo XI for such a long time... However! the EVO X is coming out and the EVO X looks simply amazing. So, I was thinking of leasing a EVO XI for about 1year, then i would buy a EVO X when my leasing is over. Please help me with whats a good price!

Car: Mitsubishi Evolution Lancer, (SE preferably) 2006 model.
Mileage: Going to drive about 4500miles
Credit: Perfect credit rating...
Leasing for 12 months...
Down payment: I can pay all of the 12month payment in advance...
Note I'm 17 years...
Please help me out! I was thinking 400-500. Whats a good price? I don't want to spend over 500ish because it would add up to 6grand, and i might as well wait another 6months and get a Evo X.

Thank you in advance!
Sid

·
Registered
14 Posts
Dark, personally I think leasing a car is pointless.

If you really are going to wait for an Evo X, just drive what you have now, or get a $200 junker to last a year. Save yourself some gas money and insurance money for that year until the Evo X debuts. In your situation, leasing a IX for a year while you wait for the X is going to waste a ton of money you dont need to. If you want the X, just wait for it.

But...right now is the time to buy a IX really. With the X on the horizon, the dealerships are gonna be trying their hardest to get rid of the IXs. You could probably buy a IX for a great price at the point if you didnt mind just owning a IX.

I know you want to look badass before you get your X....but if you skip the whole "leasing a IX" thing, you could save yourself a TON of money that you could use for purchasing the X, or just modding it.

Anyways, whichever way you go, good luck! You gonna be doing any racing with the car? Maybe Ill see you around if you are in So Cal :grin:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by LancerGTS@Apr 21 2007, 11:00 PM
Dark, personally I think leasing a car is pointless.

If you really are going to wait for an Evo X, just drive what you have now, or get a $200 junker to last a year. Save yourself some gas money and insurance money for that year until the Evo X debuts. In your situation, leasing a IX for a year while you wait for the X is going to waste a ton of money you dont need to. If you want the X, just wait for it.

But...right now is the time to buy a IX really. With the X on the horizon, the dealerships are gonna be trying their hardest to get rid of the IXs. You could probably buy a IX for a great price at the point if you didnt mind just owning a IX.

I know you want to look badass before you get your X....but if you skip the whole "leasing a IX" thing, you could save yourself a TON of money that you could use for purchasing the X, or just modding it.

Anyways, whichever way you go, good luck! You gonna be doing any racing with the car? Maybe Ill see you around if you are in So Cal  :grin:
[snapback]94091[/snapback]​
Thanks man, I agree with you... but sadly the leasing is out of the picture for Mitsubishi's Lancer evolutions... Their minimum lease for a EVO IX is 3years... I went to a dealership personally and talked to them, they were like "3 years is our minimum lease," I was strait up said no thanks and walked out... yeah... :(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts