Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 Diamante LS and recently acquired 2 new headlight assemblies to replace my old dull, melted reflector ones, that came with the car. I was able to easily put new 9003 LED lamps into the hi/lo socket. No issues there. The hi beam socket is another matter. I was told I needed H7 lamps and the opening on the assembly and the power socket were not a match. Does anybody know what LED kit will fit the Hi Beam only socket? My docs and online searches are proving to be very frustrating. Pic on left is Hi beam only socket, next is electrical connection for Hi beam, Lo/Hi LED installed, and overview of rear of assembly. Many thanks to anyone who can help here.

Dave

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,674 Posts
My only comment is a lot of LED headlight bulbs are not manufactured correctly to work in reflector housings and will result in worse perforamnce than even a cheap halogen bulb due to poor beam pattern. It might look brighter in certain areas but it isn't lighting up where it needs to. Headlight Reovlution has a YouTube channel that does a good job at covering that in depth. Otherwise I'm not actually sure what your socket type is.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My reply disappeared so I don't know if this is a repeat, or not, but the same day I posted here I also wrote to HR with the same question and this is the first reply I've gotten on it. I have the Max Ellery manual for this car but, frankly, it's crap. I need to get a better described process for r&r of the hi beam bulb to see if I'm missing something trying to swap them out. The reason I'm swapping out the assemblies is that the previous owner must have bypassed the twilight function of the headlights and left them burning too long and actually melted the reflectors. Trying to replace the hi beam and having to remove 2 buried Torx screws is a task that is next to impossible w/o dropping the bumper. All sources have directed me to using a H7 bulb BUT I see no way to install it correctly. Is there a repair page in the manual on this site that may go into this swap? I'm not sure where to actually look here for that data.
Thanks for your feedback, izerous!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My reply disappeared so I don't know if this is a repeat, or not, but the same day I posted here I also wrote to HR with the same question and this is the first reply I've gotten on it. I have the Max Ellery manual for this car but, frankly, it's crap. I need to get a better described process for r&r of the hi beam bulb to see if I'm missing something trying to swap them out. The reason I'm swapping out the assemblies is that the previous owner must have bypassed the twilight function of the headlights and left them burning too long and actually melted the reflectors. Trying to replace the hi beam and having to remove 2 buried Torx screws is a task that is next to impossible w/o dropping the bumper. All sources have directed me to using a H7 bulb BUT I see no way to install it correctly. Is there a repair page in the manual on this site that may go into this swap? I'm not sure where to actually look here for that data.
Thanks for your feedback, izerous!
Follow-up to this post. I just got the headlight assemblies swapped out and it made the mechanic laugh when he was done at how bright the lights had become with clear lenses, new reflectors, and the led's. He loved the setup. Wish I could have gotten the high beam bulbs replaced but couldn't find the right match for them. Just need to tune the light pattern so I don't blind anyone driving towards me, I know what that feels like.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts