Mitsubishi Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have any ASX owners had an issue with the left LED tail light and front park lights intermittently not operating?
I have seen a youtube video about BCM dry solder issues being the root cause of this fault.
Recently I discovered quite by accident that the issue can be temporarily sorted by using the key fob by open, lock, open when the tail/park issue raises itself.
Any thoughts by the forum?

·
Administrator
2021 MR Triton
758 Posts
Check the bulb in your glove box light. it has blown. This causes a fault in the ETACS, which strangely effects the tail lights. You need to use a genuine Mitsubishi bulb, otherwise the current draw could be excessive and cause more problems

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Check the bulb in your glove box light. it has blown. This causes a fault in the ETACS, which strangely effects the tail lights. You need to use a genuine Mitsubishi bulb, otherwise the current draw could be excessive and cause more problems
I was made aware of this by a local dealer, interestingly he also stated that Mitsubishi was still perplexed by this one and it was rare at least here. Unfortunately the glove box light works although the the glovebox damper has been removed and the lid droops slight- that may contribute and is worth investigating.

·
Administrator
2021 MR Triton
758 Posts
The lid drooping is easy to fix. Enlarge the hole by about 2mm on its bottom edge by cutting out a section of the plastic with a sharp knife

·
Administrator
2021 MR Triton
758 Posts
it must be the lower edge of the hole, it you do it anywhere else it will still drop down. If you look carefully you can see where it rubs as its closing.

To cut out the section, use a very sharp knife and slice down about 2mmat the front and back of the hole following the line of the original hole, then carefully cut out the section . You can use a small flame to heat the plastic for a split second afterwards to reduce the discoulouration from cutting

1 - 6 of 6 Posts