Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When we put a trailer onto our mitsubishi outlander the **** is almost touching the ground.. We obviously need to lift the back a bit.. we searched all over the internet for air shocks or coil overs for the 08 outlander with no luck

Could someone else us please?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Air shocks would seem to be the easy answer, but I haven't looked to see if it uses conventional shocks in the rear. I tow an 18' boat and don't have any problem with ground clearance. The tongue weight is probably around 100 lbs. and it only drops an inch or two. Your tongue weight must be pretty heavy. Is there any possibility of rebalancing the trailer to reduce the tongue weight? That could be a free solution.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I think your trailer might need a rebalance - there should be as little weight on the towbar as possible. I've loaded my Outlander 7 seats with 7 adults and it doesn't go down that much, probably about 2" in total - same for when its fully loaded with things at the back, but never to the ground.

A simple solution would be rebalancing the trailer by putting some weight at the rear of it - or moving the weight further back.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts