Mitsubishi Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a cretin has decided to remove the mirror on the passenger side wing of my rvr, and left me with just the stalk. can anybody help with where i might locate a replacement (in england).
i am considering removing the whole thing as i find i never need to use the mirror anyway, how easy is it to remove and then blank off where it was fixed?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi Garni,
Just search for RVR on eBay, have just done it & there are a couple of guys breaking vehicles. Also a usefull source of part numbers for service items if you go to the "shops" of those selling Jap spares. Best of luck, Zeb.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hello, i live in australia and have about 5 of these mirrors as theirs this stupid law that they have to be removed because it can "hurt" a cyclist if hit. But if you remove the whole thing, you end up with a big hole in your corner. I dont mind sending one to you, but for a fee and postage ill find out as it would have to be sent in a box I have green and red ones, but can easyly be painted to a different colour. But it would probably cost you about 110 GBP

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Personally, I would just remove and fill the hole with a rubber bung plug like you use for cable boxes. Like you I don't have the use for the mirror and think they actually look rather ugly. Note there was an era that they were installed and to my knowledge very few modern vehicles have them fitted.

Jim

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks, import garage, for the offer, however, 100 quid for something i don't use doesn't make good financial sense. i've got a feeling my wife's feelings on the matter ( if displayed on here ) would be a breach of the forum's rules, and result in me being banned! i think i'll go for jim's idea with the rubber bung.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Originally posted by garni@Oct 27 2007, 04:22 AM
thanks, import garage, for the offer, however, 100 quid for something i don't use doesn't make good financial sense. i've got a feeling my wife's feelings on the matter ( if displayed on here ) would be a breach of the forum's rules, and result in me being banned! i think i'll go for jim's idea with the rubber bung.
[snapback]117917[/snapback]​
Well filling the hole is abit easy, but if you want it to look professional, you need to get the whole guard resprayed with what ever colour you RVR is.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts