Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a '98 a few months ago and have been running it w/o any problems. The other night bought gas at the same place I always buy it, and yes I buy the cheapest, and within 5 minutes had rough idle, loss of power and have used 1/2 of the tank within 3 days having gone about 20 miles. I thought at first fuel injector cleaner, bought some, followed directions, put in tank. Not much of a change. My son bought some dry gas and put it in, still not much of a change. So now I am thinking fuel filter, but where is it ?? Owners manual doesn't seem to tell. The former owner had all paperwork, but never could see where the filter might have been changed. This vehicle has 133k on it. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Couple things could be the problem..

It could be the fuel pump, if you have been used to driving it below quarter tank before filling up. It could also be a case of bad gas, since cheapest can sometimes mean low quality, especially since it happened right after yu put gas in it.

Is it a Gdi ? (I cant see your topic headline from the reply window lol). If it is then GDIs are more sensitive to fuel quality.

Thats my 2 cents..hope it helps.

Duane

1 - 5 of 5 Posts