Mitsubishi Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My Shogun Sport is toast and I need a new cylinder head. Can anyone recommend anyplace to get one? The car was originally UK plated and now runs on Spanish plates and the problem is trying to track down the right spec of bloc. Some UK sites will still accept the old reg but details of the actual part are a bit iffy. Obviously if I go to EU or Spanish sites I've got to start hunting under Pajero/Montero. If someone could light the way on this it would be a great help. Oh, it's a 2.5 TD from 2006. I've run a VIN decoder but I'm coming up short with how to get the part number. TIA

·
Registered
72 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would try and find the engine serial number on the block, the model number should be on the same bit of the engine.

Here is a slightly whacky video of somebody pointing out the serial number and engine model markings on a later model.

There is also a UK Pajero forum with a good thread on decoding the VIN and Engine options, 4D56 looks a likely engine model.

Cheers for that. It should be easy to see on mine considering half the engine is out! Obviously, I tried Mitsubishi UK and got the old "go to a dealer" cobblers, then I tried Mitsubishi Spain and got nothing but junk email addresses and nowhere. I've asked my local mechanic to ask his supplier if he can get the OEM number of the head given he has the VIN already, so we'll see what shakes out. I can get a preassembled new one online (with cams, valves etc) but I just want to check first given the different names used. There's a Montero 2004 for sale nearby and I might just buy that and use my truck as a parts donor. Such a shame. My truck has been awesome and I hate to see it die like this.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I feel your pain, I tried a dealer to get hold of an exhaust back-box, two feet of tubing and a silencer.
There was a lead time of eight weeks and a price of £478.00 excluding fitting, credit to the man, he managed to say all of that without laughing.

If the head is scrap is the bottom end damaged in any way ?
Maybe a complete re-conditioned engine is a less painful route.

Does an engine number change need to be reported to the relevant government office so you don't get problems with the next ITA ?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts