Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys
i went to pedders the other day to see how much id be up for some lowering blocks.
the guy told me that they dont make them for my model.
ive got a 94 model 2l carby express. is it true? arnt they universal?

·
Registered
46 Posts
theres numerous threads on this...

I got my blocks off a company on ebay, and others I think got nolathane blocks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
dude i went to pedders too, and they rang a bloke who knows about that stuff.

they ordered me a set of 2.5" mitsubishi triton lowering blocks.

Youll need to drill out the bottom of the lowering blocks to 16mm diameter hole, and just get different u-bolts, as the triton ones are too fat. I think the u-bolts the guy at pedders gave me are toyota hilux ones. im not too sure though

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hey man thanks a lot ay!!
that guy lives 10 minutes away from me lol
how good is that!!
thanks again
really appreciate it
cheers :beer:

·
Registered
46 Posts
haaa no sh*t? hows that for luck

I usually look on ebay for random van stuff and saw them and remembered you'de asked on here.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Im In New Zealand and lots of things require certs for lowering blocks etc. 2 " blocks dont require cert but 4" and more do..... i thourt about taking the leafs out n bump stop the rear but then id be too low.... anyone know about reversing the override springs and installing 2" blocks which wud drop it like 6 inches... any ideas

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have 2"blocks i just took out of my XD Falchoon , i,m hoping it is a straight swap with the U-bolts this weekend, then i will wind the front down on the bump stops ...... :ninja:

·
Registered
8 Posts
yer i put 2" blocks in the back of my mine, i had triton blocks and had to machine the middle section out a bit more to make way for the bolt.

remember if u wind ur torsions down u must do a wheel alignment...

·
Registered
60 Posts
Why dont you all try just getting your rear springs reset! (Ends up cheaper and more effective!) Will give you the chance to fit new bushes as the old one are most probably kaput anyway!

Lowering blocks stuff up torque reaction ratio....EG: Axle wind up. At an extreme example you could well pull the tailshaft out of the back of your gearbox and that would be nasty!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Originally posted by Ken Landy@Jul 18 2008, 06:51 AM
Why dont you all try just getting your rear springs reset! (Ends up cheaper and more effective!) Will give you the chance to fit new bushes as the old one are most probably kaput anyway!

Lowering blocks stuff up torque reaction ratio....EG:  Axle wind up.  At an extreme example you could well pull the tailshaft out of the back of your gearbox and that would be nasty!!!
[snapback]184556[/snapback]​

True that, resetting is the best way, no springs almost touching the ground coz of huge blocks, cheap as, only cost me carton to get mine done, but I do know the guy :p

·
Registered
8 Posts
they dont make blocks for our vans, i had to use triton blocks and machine out the hole in the middle from 12mm to 14mm. that was it :)

*edit, sorry i already commented this*

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.