Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i just installed a new short ram air intake and according to the pdf file 'modifying the us version lancer, upgrade path" it says to get a good mas adapter, i found one on ebay, but unsure if its legit, was wondering if anyone knows where i can pick up a decent one or is stock one just fine? thanks

heres the one on ebay...

http://cgi.ebay.ca/00-06-Mitsubishi-Lancer...1QQcmdZViewItem

·
Registered
168 Posts
how did you install the intake without this "adaptor"?

I got a K&N intake... and it use the stock MAF sensor... and stock gasket, and theres nothing more that you need.... just hook up one end to the cone and the other to a tube.

G

·
yes they are legit, but the filters that come with them aren't able to handle larger amounts of turbo vacuum. so if your not pushing any boost the filter is fine if your looking to get just a adapter then your good as well. while your at it take the MAS screen out to make it a equivalent of a performance MAS.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by SteelEvo@May 2 2008, 12:24 AM
how did you install the intake without this "adaptor"?

I got a K&N intake... and it use the stock MAF sensor... and stock gasket, and theres nothing more that you need.... just hook up one end to the cone and the other to a tube.
[snapback]161409[/snapback]​
ya i got a k & n short ram intake and ya it uses the stock one as well, it was an easy install i was just seeing if i could find a "better" mas adaptor i suppose.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by bullet_bike_syke69@May 2 2008, 12:26 AM
yes they are legit, but the filters that come with them aren't able to handle larger amounts of turbo vacuum. so if your not pushing any boost the filter is fine if your looking to get just a adapter then your good as well. while your at it take the MAS screen out to make it a equivalent of a performance MAS.
[snapback]161410[/snapback]​
no im not pushing any boost, i just found it hard to believe that the filter on ebay would give you a 5-7 hp increase, i know by allowing more air into the engine it produces more hp, but i trust the guys on this site, so i guess we will see, if not, then it was only 10 bucks..lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts