Mitsubishi Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
15 November 2022
Hi All,
We have a 3 month old 2022 ASX Exceed with TomTom SatNav unit (SDA or "Smartphone-link Display Audio" version), which was supplied with the "Oceania" NavMap dated March 2021.
At this site,
there are free Latest Maps to download for the Model and Region, so I followed the instructions and downloaded the zip file for the newest September 2022 "Oceania"map. I then installed the unzipped files to a FAT32 fomat USB stick, but on the last step of the procedure after inserting the USB into the vehicle slot ,where the SatNav auto-updates itself, it failed.
The file structure of the downloaded map for Australia/New Zealand differs somewhat from the description on the website.
Has anyone else used this process successfully?
These free updates apparently are provided for 5 years from first use of the SatNav.
Any help appreciated...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Problem solved, I think...
Looks like I jumped the gun, It can only be done after 200km, and ends 5 years after that
... we're not at 200 km yet!!

I just found this at the Mitsubishi Australia Website in a section describing the SDA system

"K6
(SDA) supports Android™ 5.0 or higher/iOS 8.0 or higher for use with Android Auto™ / ApplePlay. Smartphone Link Display Audio will not operate in areas with no service signal and may not operate in supported areas where the signal is weak. Users are responsible for all charges incurred using smartphones and iPhones to connect to Android™ and CarPlay respectively. Some functions may not be available for use depending on the user’s location. Only compatible Apps can be used.
K11
Android Auto™, Android™, Google Maps and Google Play are trademarks of Google Inc.
K12
iPhone, Siri, CarPlay, iPod, iPod touch and iPad are trademarks of Apple Inc. registered in the United States and other countries.
K23
Available on 20MY Pajero Sport, 21MY Outlander, 21MY ASX, 21MY Outlander PHEV Exceed variants.
K24
The 5 year period starts when the vehicle has travelled 200km and finishes the last day of the previous month after 5 years."

1 - 2 of 2 Posts