Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like so many here, I have to reprogram the radio, so I need the code. I had this problem before, but for the life of me I can't remember how I got the radio out. I drive a 2001 Mirage. Can anyone help?

G

·
i'm not for sure on your particular model but like all Mitsubishi's you are probably going to have to take off the radio dash panel. most commonly with 2 or three screws at the bottom. that is if it wraps around underneath your dash, or it might possibly just pop out like my Eclipse dash panel.

once you get your dash panel surrounding your radio off. there should be 4 screws holding the frame that holds the radio in. take those out, then there should be 2 screws on the side running through the frame and connecting to the radio itself. one on each side take these out then disconnect your wiring. bam your done.

when you replace your stereo those last 2 screws are not necessary to put back in as you will now have the new frame holder that locks the stereo in. after you put in the new stereo you will no longer have to remove your dash panel to remove your stereo. you can either use the keys that should come with your new stereo to slide it out. or use thin butter knives, they always work just as well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! Actually, all I needed was the info to get the code, as it turns out the cover did come off easily.

thanks again :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts