Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
my Mitsubishi colt has an issue where the central locking will lock/unlock all doors apart from the drivers side. To open this door the key must be used in the cylinder.

I have replaced the whole door lock actuator twice and had an electrician test if there is power through the harness which there is. Neither of these have solved the issue and I’m at a bit of a dead end here.

We tried moving the passenger side actuator on the driver side wiring harness and it opened and closed fine which has me really confused.

if you have any other ideas please let me know as I’m not sure what to try next other than take it down to my local dealership and pay a hefty price for them to figure it out.

hope you can help.
Nathan

Mitsubishi Colt 2007
3 door hatchback

·
Registered
53 Posts
Does the drivers side work on the passenger side? if so could be a broken wire in the door covelute

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, It doesn’t. I figured out the problem and it is that on every single replacement unit I have bought, One of the motors is completely rusted and doesn’t turn, I’m trying to find a replacement for these motors but I can’t find them anywhere

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I managed to repair the issue. I removed the corroded motor and gave it a tap on the shaft with a screwdriver to break up the internal rust. I then sprayed in some wd40 and spun the motor for awhile to work it in and lubricate the rotor. When I replaced the motor into the actuator it worked fine. I will however look at purchasing one of these motors as a more permanent solution

1 - 5 of 5 Posts