Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone,

So i’ve been having some problem starting my car sometimes , the lights turn on but it wont start.
But after 1 or 2 tries , it starts again.
I thought it might be the ignition switch failing or it has worn out , dont know for sure though.
Also anytime i start my car , the RPM goes to 2k and takes awhile to go down and
Weirdly enough it goes down when i turn on my AC.

I’m a new car owner so if there is anyone who can help with some tips , i will really appreciate.

·
Super Moderator
2018 MQ Triton
422 Posts
It is likely to be the ignition switch that has failed.

You possible need a throttle body clean and base idle reset as well. This should stop the idle issue

·
Registered
21 Posts
Your RPM shoots up because your throttle body is dirty. You can buy a throttle body cleaner spray from an auto store and clean it yourself. Just need to unscrew and detach the rubber hose from the throttle body, and then spray the inside of the throttle body. Can see the videos on the internet how to do it. Otherwise, ask the mechanic.

As for the starting problem, you said that the dash lights come on but the engine doesn't start. Is the starter motor rotating when this happens or it doesn't turn?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Your RPM shoots up because your throttle body is dirty. You can buy a throttle body cleaner spray from an auto store and clean it yourself. Just need to unscrew and detach the rubber hose from the throttle body, and then spray the inside of the throttle body. Can see the videos on the internet how to do it. Otherwise, ask the mechanic.

As for the starting problem, you said that the dash lights come on but the engine doesn't start. Is the starter motor rotating when this happens or it doesn't turn?
Thank you soo much , i thought i would have to pay alot of money to get the throttle body cleaned at a mechanic !

And about the starter motor, i didnt think about checking that.
If it isnt rotating , what would that mean ?

Again, thank you so much for your helpful comment !

·
Registered
21 Posts
You are welcome.

If the starter is not rotating the engine, then the problem is with a starter circuit. If the starter is rotating the engine but the engine doesn't start, then the problem is in the fuel or ignition circuit. How many kms has your car done?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts