Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Because existing sources of auto reliability information left much to be desired, in late 2005 I started conducting my own reliability research at TrueDelta.com. TrueDelta reports absolute stats like "trips to the shop" that make the differences between cars much clearer. Results are updated four times a year, so any significant changes in a model's reliability become apparent quickly.

Participants simply report repairs the month after they occur on a one-page survey. When there are no repairs, they simply report an approximate odometer reading four times a year, at the end of each quarter.

To encourage participation, panel members will receive full access to the results for free.

For the details, and to sign up to help out:

Auto reliability research--need more Outlanders and Airtreks!

·
Registered
132 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mkaresh @ Jan 12 2009, 08:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Closer, but not there yet.[/b]
Dear mkaresh!

I had a short mail conversation few months ago. We've been talking about model Outlander Turbo, which is not mentioned in the list of available engines within your survey input form. You answered that you do not have enough owners of this model to bring serious statistics. This forum is about lot of Outlanders Turbo. Just put this model to your list and hopefully you get data at least for Turbo model. Let us know if you do so.
Rgds

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kemo @ Jan 21 2009, 06:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Dear mkaresh!

I had a short mail conversation few months ago. We've been talking about model Outlander Turbo, which is not mentioned in the list of available engines within your survey input form. You answered that you do not have enough owners of this model to bring serious statistics. This forum is about lot of Outlanders Turbo. Just put this model to your list and hopefully you get data at least for Turbo model. Let us know if you do so.
Rgds[/b]
Thanks for the reminders. I've now added the 2.0-liter, both with and without turbo, to the list of powertrains. Only transmission with these is a five-speed manual, no automatic?

What this means is that people with these engines can now also participate in the Repair History and Fuel Economy Surveys.

Still need more participants to get these model years into the main reliability survey.

Car reliability research

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
We have updated results for the 2007 and 2008 Outlander to include owner experiences through March 2009. With more participants, we could do the same for the first gen.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
We have updated results for the Outlander to include owner experiences through December 31, 2009. In terms of repair trips per 100 cars per year:

2008: 24, small sample size

2007: 28

Both are better than average.

A big thank you, once again, to everyone who has been helping. We'll have further updates in May and August. With more participants, we could provide more precise information and cover all model years.

Mitsubishi Outlander reliability comparisons

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Just enhanced the related repair history survey so that it can (optionally) be used as a personal car maintenance record.

As always, more participants would be helpful. Updated Car Reliability Survey results in May, with a preview for participants next month.

Car reliability research

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Outy @ Jun 13 2010, 10:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
MKaresh

Your posting in wrong thread this is "1G (2003-2006) Airtrek & Outlander"[/b]
You are of course absolutely right. I do wish I had some stats for the first-gen Outlander to post. As it is, the 2006 is closest to getting started--six owners short of the minimum.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts