Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have 2017 rvr.when i turn on the A/C the highspeed fan turns on about 7sec and then turns off for 7sec and this cycle goes on with click sounds and a bit drop down in RPM when the fan gets on.is it normal?

·
Super Moderator
2018 MQ Triton
209 Posts
As long as the AC is cold, this is normal operation. It cycles to reduce load on the engine

·
Registered
2010 Mitsubishi Outlander ES
13 Posts
i have 2017 rvr.when i turn on the A/C the highspeed fan turns on about 7sec and then turns off for 7sec and this cycle goes on with click sounds and a bit drop down in RPM when the fan gets on.is it normal?
you say the fan is cycling and off. But, is the compressor cycling on and off? With the thermostat set to its coldest does it run any longer? If the compressor is cycling on and off with the thermostat set to Max this could be a sign of an undercharge or overcharge of refrigerant. I have a 2010 Outlander and if my thermostat is barely turned on the compressor will cycle on and off but the fan runs continuously. This is normal.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you say the fan is cycling and off. But, is the compressor cycling on and off? With the thermostat set to its coldest does it run any longer? If the compressor is cycling on and off with the thermostat set to Max this could be a sign of an undercharge or overcharge of refrigerant. I have a 2010 Outlander and if my thermostat is barely turned on the compressor will cycle on and off but the fan runs continuously. This is normal.
Tnx but if the termostate set to its lowest degree does it(compressor on/off) cycle on high speeds too?

·
Registered
2010 Mitsubishi Outlander ES
13 Posts
Tnx but if the termostate set to its lowest degree does it(compressor on/off) cycle on high speeds too?
With my thermostat set to Max it Cycles less then it would with a thermostat at a lower setting. When it's on low it Cycles every few seconds when it's on max it Cycles but it takes a while.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts