Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when I turn on the ignition in the montero the doors lock. how can I disable this feature? is this a common montero feature? it is also behaving eratically so I would like to know if there is a module or something that I need to check

95 Montero LS

Dave P

·
Registered
631 Posts
I don't believe that's a normal vehicle feature so I suspect someone installed an aftermarket alarm that does that.

I'd check their install especially the wiring & connectors used for corrosion. Since almost all installers don't use weatherproof connectors it's a very common fault (corrosion) to see after a few years of use.

·
Registered
499 Posts
you may have an after market alarm system on the vehicle that is doing this.I believe some toad alarm haves this feature.It is not standard equipment in the uk spec mitsubishi range but it may be an optional alarm or feature added on from new.your local dealer could confirm this for sure.

·
Registered
3 Posts
my 93 does this ! it is standard feature and happens whther or not you actually start the engine or not. as long as the ignition is in the on position.,i.e. when you start the vehicle and go back inside the house in the morning because you forgot your coffee! Locks automatically after five or ten seconds. wait for it to lock and then press the unlock side of the switch. they will stay unlocked unless you turn the key off then back on! also good to put a spare in hidden box under the vehicle in case you forget like i always seem to when im late for work!! lol :57:

·
Premium Member
3,979 Posts
In the case of the person that asked the question, as the others have stated i also think this is the work of an aftermarket alarm. I have had to take out these aftermarket alarms on a few clients. They have bought the vehicles econd hand and without the transmitter for the after market alarm. The alarm is in a semi dormant mode , but it still passivelly locks athe doors when the ignition is turned on and unlocks the doors when the ignition is turned off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts