Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all my name is Kelvin and I have a 03 montero sport. I recently changed the timing belt and it crank and run fine for about 3 days. Tore it back down and realized that the crank sensor was damaged. Replaced crank sensor with one from autozone. Truck ran fine for a few days and then it would start and run for about 3-5 seconds then shut off. Had read somewhere that the montero doesn’t like aftermarket parts so ordered a Mitsubishi crankshaft sensor and installed it. Started up fine. Shut truck off after running for about 10-15 minutes now it’s back doing the run then shut off after 3-5 seconds. My question is will a relearn have to be performed for the new crank sensor? Any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
2018 MQ Triton
262 Posts
No relearns on crank sensor. What engine do you have in your montero?

·
Super Moderator
2018 MQ Triton
262 Posts
I am assuming that is petrol then....

What happened after 3 days? why did you strip it again?

And was running fine before you replaced the belt?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea it’s gas. It was running fine was trying to be proactive with the timing belt. Changed the belt and it ran fine for about three days then it wouldn’t run. Tore it back down thinking maybe it jumped timing and found that the crank sensor was damaged. Replaced the sensor with one from auto zone and it did fine for a couple of days then it would start and run for a few seconds and then shut off. I read somewhere that the montero sport doesn’t like aftermarket electrical parts so I ordered a factory crank sensor. Put it on and it fired right up. Let it run for about 10 minutes and shut it off. Went to start it again and it starts and then shuts off again after 3-5 seconds. Something is shutting the injectors off and I have no idea. I’m beyond frustrated with this truck!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts