Mitsubishi Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi guys,

I travel around 67km to work each day in my 1995 Express 2.0. I mainly travel along the freeway so I have long stretches of 100kmh. I am absolutely shocked at my fuel consumption; around 1/2 a tank a day.

Now I thought this was excessive but reading your posts this seems about right.

Any comments?

·
Registered
4 Posts
my 1983 1.6 L300 needs 16-20l/100km lpg and up to 35l when drivin in the hills. But the weight is +/- 1900kg since it is a campervan.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I know this is a very old one BUT after seeing all those figures i coludnt help my self...My 94 2.0L L300 does 350klms with full tank ,ALL DAY STOP START CITY DRIVING WITH LOAD...(Reco engine,reco carby)

·
Registered
57 Posts
I know this is a bit of an old thread, but I'm averaging about 13.33L/100Km in my 94 Express 2.0 Litre, is this average or should I getting a lower L/100Km? I've recently changed spark plugs, was wondering if there was anything else easy to improve economy.

·
Registered
20 Posts
89 2.4 EFI 8valve 4x4 lifted probably an inch or so with wound up torsion bars at the front and an extra leaf in the rear.
Pretty reliable 12.9 litres/100km

I do town stuff (not heaps of stuck in traffic happening though) and the odd 200km trip into the country - I drive reasonably sedately in town and sit on 110kph when country driving.

Oddly enough, I was getting pretty much exactly the same numbers before I rebuilt the motor with new rings, bearings and reconditioned head. I was hoping it might get a bit better ... but no go!

cheers,
Slapper

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm getting about 5.5 km /l ( think thats about 16 mpg UK) on LPG 1984 4wd L300 Have owned it for 10 yrs- despite attempts by several mechanics to fix it has always been the same. I don't gun it- not that one can- be nice to get better fuel consumption.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I know this is an old thread, and that I've already posted in it, but here is an update, since I've converted to LPG
Petrol tank is the stock tank, LPG is 80 Litre, fillable to about 62-64 Litres depending on temp.

I normally run
Petrol: BP/Caltex Premium 95 (only because most regular now contains ethanol, and I wont let that garbage near my car)
LPG: BP Autogas (Only cause they are one of the cheapest to begin with, and because I have an Autogas card for them, which gets me 2c/L off without having to by a **** thing)

If I drive normally,
~250ks to a tank of petrol
~400 to a tank of LPG

If I drive super economically
~300 to a tank of petrol
~470-500 to a tank of LPG

Now considering on average I spend ~$1.50/L on petrol and I spend ~$0.60/L on LPG, I think LPG on these vans is a clear winner.

Van is a 94 Mitsy Express 2.0L Carb Auto, with a vapour mixer system, with the mixer sitting directly on top of the carb.

·
Registered
6 Posts
92 2.4 EFI auto, 289 000klms. 330 klm to a tank or light on

was about 220.

i have done the valve clearances, advanced the timeing to about 9deg

that got me to 280-290klm

by chance my coil pack died, grabbed some fancy red job of a mates go fast hemi

that changed it to 330klm until light comes on

now i am a carpet cleaner, van is always loaded, always around town, so say 500kgs

the only other thing done at the same time was the water to the throttle body, rusted so now it bypasses.
i asume that that would have an effect since more cold air.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts