Mitsubishi Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me please if there's an official ecu firmware upgrade or "tweak" to shorten the throttle delay in 2018 MQ Triton ? Bought new during runout in 2019 , only travelled 15.000 km but has been the same since day one and while it doesn't worry me much as I only use it for bush camping trips , the wife was a bit disturbed on her first forced drive recently when it was so lethargic at a hectic suburban roundabout !
She's used to her VE Commodore which moves when instructed and feels this is borderline dangerous .
I'm not really interested in the dc amplifier "throttle booster" devices which only change the apparent law of the pot , but would like to know what the official position is on the issue.
The helpful and glamourous young ladies who attend to you when dropping the vehicle in for service don't really know what it's all about .
Thanks for any info .

·
Administrator
2021 MR Triton
758 Posts
The MQ is a Ute, not a sedan, and will not drive like a sedan. Even though with 4 doors and comfortable interior, it may appear to be one.

There is no upgrade to address a throttle delay issue you complain of. I have driven many utes over the 10 years i have worked for mitsubishi and have never head of a complaint about throttle delay.

Maybe you are experiencing a general loss of power during acelleration?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts