Mitsubishi Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last fall my a.c in my 02' lancer started leaking water at the time it was just a small amount so I didn't think much of it but it gradually got worse and one day my a.c stopped working all together. I had a friend look at it and he cleaned out a filter that he said was clogged. It worked fine until about 4 months ago it started again. We clened the filter again and replaced the fan because the water gave it a short. But at the rate the water is leaking now the new fan is going to break soon. Yesterday my a.c stopped working all together sometimes it willl randomly come on but it wont stay on very long! I dont know what to do!! It is not hot water so it cant be the heater core right?? please help me!

·
Registered
271 Posts
you bleed off tube is stopped up,thats why you are getting water in the floor,it has to drain the condensate to work right.air hose blow the line clean.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Once I do that is there anything I can do to make sure it doesn't happen again? Do you know whay sometimes is works? It just randomly comes on sometimes...

·
Registered
271 Posts
the water might have shorted the wiring out,but i dont think so.pull the pos and neg off your battery for 20 mins,then put them back on and see if it will reset your ecu.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK thanks I'll let you know what happens! I'm in the proccess of trying to sell it right now so I want to fix the problem first. I really want to buy a nissan 300z. So I gotta sell ine first! Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
71 Posts
This has happened to me before and if you pop your hood and run your a.c. and look in the fire wall you will see were a little bit of water is dripping and I took a clothes hanger and cleaned it out and i haven't had a problem since

1 - 6 of 6 Posts