Mitsubishi Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 95 galant es and i just attempted to put a new intake on my car and i disconected the battery to take out something and when i got all done i tryed to start it up and nothing at all. the battery i assumed was the problem seeing as how nothing else like the lights work and when i tryed to jump it it did nothing at all either. just wondering if there was some form of security or something that would not allow the car to be turned on. i changed the pos. batter terminal when the old one i found to be loose and thought it was the problem. i also have the idea that it could be a fuse but i have no idea please help me out

·
Premium Member
3,979 Posts
Sumthing could have caused an short while yu were disc/reconnecting the battery. In the fuse box inspect the Maxi fuses well . There are sum large fuses (maxi) that may have blown in the underhood fuse panel

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i checked the fuses and all of them are fine does anyone possibly have a close up picture of the battery i think i may have possibly connected the battery up wrong i have a wire wrapped in white that i cant imagine what it would connect to im sure its not a ground because it is white and i dont think it goes to the neg battery so could anyone just send me a pic of an engine were u can clearly see how the battery is hooked up? :gunsmilie: :liebe011:

·
Premium Member
3,979 Posts
Well it should not hard to determin which is a ground cable. Standing in front of the vehicle the ground is on the left and the positive is on the right . The positive wire looms down with another wire that goes to the fuse box. Yu have to look clearlly at the large 100 and 80 amp maxi fuses to make sure they are not burned. this would cause a no power issue. it may look like its okies but it can be blown. The large maxi fuses will have 80 and 100 and 40 on teh top of them. The ones in the underhood fuse panel near the battery.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
nvm im a fricken ***** that white wraped wire was a positive it was wraped with black elec. tape and wrapped with another coating so i didnt think anything of it and well yeah i put it to pos. and the car fired fine. sorry for the wasted time guys

1 - 5 of 5 Posts