Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Do you have the stock navi system? if not, upgrade to that.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was thinking about that, called the local dealer, they quoted it at at least 4k if not more to install and upgrade to oem navi system. was thinking about aftermarket seeing how it'll be cheaper, parts wise (doing installation on my own).

·
Registered
392 Posts
If you go aftermarket, you risk losing your hands free and BT connections. I only brought up the stock unit because it would be 100% compatible with what you wanted to keep.

·
Registered
63 Posts
If you go aftermarket, you can seamlessly install everything except the steering wheel control for the BT phone. All newer receivers have a "Remote Input" option that looks like a 3.5mm headphone jack. You have to buy a separate box that splices in to the steering wheel controls. It takes those signals and converts them to something that the head unit can understand. I've seen them on ebay/amazon for like $60 but any retailer will probably charge $150 to do the same thing. Run the GPS antenna and Microphone up the driver side A-Pillar and through the head liner. There should be a good place to mount it all inside the forward cabin light fixture.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Sure, I would recommend the products from seicane which is a professional car aftermarket electronic manufacturer. the one I bought works best for me, Cheers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts