Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how to remove the rear seat from a 1999 Mitsubishi Mirage. I know that there are two levers for the bottom portion of the seat, but I need to remove the top portion (the actual seat back) to get access to my trunk. My trunk was "locked closed" and I am no longer able to get back into using the key. I know that the rear seat back can be removed because it's been done before to install stereo equipment. If anyone could help me out, that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,979 Posts
Unless yur key fob for the trunk is broken yu should be able to enter the trunk with the key unless its a "valet" key . And yuve just been using the inside trunk lever to open it. Yu should really get a dealer made original that will open the trunk.

On the seat back , when yu remove the lower cushion there should be (2) 10MM nuts holding the lower portion of the seat back down. after removing then yu will need to pull up on one side at a time that the ower retainer of the seat does not block on the area yu have just removed the nut frum. One side at a time yu will need to apply a little pressure on the upper side of the seat back at the top most area olmost near the outermost part of teh upper area of the seat and push up on the bottom of the seat back with yur other hand to get each corner of the seat to slide out of its lock in position.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts