Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2009 Lancer ES and I was driving a week ago and I hit a rock that was on the road. when I got home I realized that it cracked the transmission pan and it was draining the transmission fluid. meanwhile, my CVT transmission was stuck in Drive and I couldn't move the shifter. so I turned it off and ordered a new pan. after replacing the pan and putting new transmission fluid in, I was able to move the shifter but the dashboard keeps showing that it is in drive and I can't turn on the car. I read multiple things online that says to restart the ECU by unplugging the battery and removing the ECU fuse for a while and I tried that and it still shows it is in D even tho the shifter is in park. Has anyone experienced this issue if they know what to do? I'm not sure if I need to replace the transmission or if there's anything I can do to get the ECU to read the shifter. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
118 Posts
was there any damage to the valve body which is bolted to the trans inside the pan? The actuator switch is on top of the gearbox ,so that is unlikely to be damaged

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
was there any damage to the valve body which is bolted to the trans inside the pan? The actuator switch is on top of the gearbox ,so that is unlikely to be damaged
There wasn't any damage to the valve body, the crack to the pan was very small and it drained the fluid over a week. I'm guessing it is something electronic I just don't know how to go about it. Thank you for the reply

·
Registered
118 Posts
on top of the box is the linkage for gear selection. There is a chance this may have been damaged or moved. from memory the linkage is connected to the gear cable by a 12mm head nut. Undo this and select N on lever. Then go to gear box selector nech and shift this in to N also ( 2 clicks back ) then try to start engine, but dont touch gearstick. If it starts ok, turn it off and reconnect shift link underbonnet without changing lever or selector position. It should then restart ok and try selecting gears.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
on top of the box is the linkage for gear selection. There is a chance this may have been damaged or moved. from memory the linkage is connected to the gear cable by a 12mm head nut. Undo this and select N on lever. Then go to gear box selector nech and shift this in to N also ( 2 clicks back ) then try to start engine, but dont touch gearstick. If it starts ok, turn it off and reconnect shift link underbonnet without changing lever or selector position. It should then restart ok and try selecting gears.
Awesome man, I will definitely give this a try and let you know how it goes. I really appreciate it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts