Mitsubishi Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok well i have a 2005 ralli art lancer and its a auto but i still have the low 2nd and 3rd gear. Now my question is i have a cool air intake and exaust, if i get the piggyback ECU will i notice much of a diffrence and is it worth it? ( cant afford turbo right now)

·
Registered
11 Posts
with just a short ram intake i noticed a different especially in my top end, the piggy back alone it supposed to net you up to 15 peak WHP, so with a CAI header exhuast and RRM piggyback you will notice a difference.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yea when i got my intake i noticed a diffreance but will with the piggyback it actually feel faster or be faster?

·
Registered
11 Posts
with the piggy back it will feel faster and actually be faster, now will it be a big gain like adding nitrous or a turbo? No. You will notice a difference though, not only will the piggy back optimize your fuel and ignition mapping to bring out the extra performance hidden in there but it will also maximize gains from other mods such as your intake or exhuast and so on. Also with the piggy back for the Auto from RRM I would imagine they would optimize other things such as shift points etc. So yes you will notice performance gains. Is it worth the money? To me at first no it wasnt, instead of paying $500 for a piggy back, I spent $200 on a wet nitrous system, custom made a short ram intake for free, grabed some used drag radials for $20 and two 15in aluminum wheels from the junk yard for $50. So for about $270-$300 Im now able to stomp on srt4's, mustangs, and alot of other cars. Im at the point now though where i cant go any faster without the piggy back to tune the car to handle more nitrous. So depending how far you mod your RA or how fast you want to go you will end up getting the piggy back or some form of tuning.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts